By this time, many jailbreaking tools are available to jailbreak your iOS device like unc0ver, checkra1n, chimera, odyssey, and more. You may have jailbroken your iPhone or iPad with one of these jailbreaking tools. Undoubtedly, as you are a jailbreaker, you have installed many tweaks and repos on your jailbroken iPhone or iPad. What if your new jailbreak crashes, or you need to switch to another jailbreak? You will have to rebuild your setting from scratch. In other words, you have to install all the Cydia repos, Cydia tweaks, apps, and themes again. This guide will show you how to backup and restore Cydia tweaks in iOS 14 before switching to another jailbreak or lose the jailbreak for any reason.
So, the Batchomatic jailbreak tweak lets you backup and restores easily.
What is the Batchomatic tweak?
Batchomatic is a free jailbreak tweak and, it allows you to batch install all tweaks, add repositories, saving .deb files online or offline, tweak preferences, and host files. The tweak is integrated with Cydia and can save time on configuring new devices. So, you can use Batchomatic tweak to easily backup Cydia tweaks and sources in iOS 14.
Batchomatic tweak is available for free from the BigBoss repository.
NOTE: You need to install Filza file manager to open the .deb files on your iPhone or iPad. You can install Filza from BigBoss Repository or Filza’s official Tigisoftware repository. If you have not added the Tigisoftware repository to your Cydia sources, you can add it from the following URL,
How to backup Cydia tweaks in iOS 14
Before starting the backup process, you need to install the Batchomatic tweak to your Cydia from the BigBoss repo. Once installed,
- Go to the search tab in Cydia or (Zebra, Sileo, or Installer).
- Tap the Batchomatic icon at the top left corner (steering wheel icon).
- Then, tap ‘Create online .deb or Create offline .deb‘. You can backup it, whether online or offline. Depending on the data you have, it takes a few minutes to complete if you choose offline. However, it will create a backup for everything like tweaks, apps, themes.
- That’s it! Tap Export and select the location that you want to save the .deb file. Your custom .deb file is at /var/mobile/BatchomaticDebs. You can keep it in a safe place like Google Drive, iCloud Drive, or on your iPhone.
How to restore Cydia tweaks in iOS 14
- Go to the location where you saved the backup file (.deb file) using Filza file manager. Especially, keep in mind the backup file name.
- Tap on the backup file and tap the Install button at the top right corner.
- Then, the backup file will be restored, and press Done.
- Next, go to the Batchomatic tweak by clicking the Batchomatic icon (steering wheel icon) from Cydia. (See screenshot below).
- As shown in screenshot above, click Install .deb, and a pop-up appears, and you do not need to change anything in the options.
- Click Proceed button, and it will start restoring your backup file.
- Finally, a pop-up appears and asks if you want to run uicache, enable that toggle.
- Tap on the Proceed button again.
That’s it! The backup file has been restored to your Cydia or the jailbreak tool that you use.
This is how to backup and restore Cydia tweaks in iOS 14 after switching to another jailbreak or lose your jailbreak for any reason. So, you do not need to install all the repos or sources and tweaks from scratch.