Zebra is a third-party package manager that offers you jailbreak apps, tweaks, themes from repositories and one of the Cydia alternatives available for jailbroken iPhone or iPad. As an alternative for Cydia, it lets you view packages and upgrades, manage app stores, add tweaks/apps and many more features. The latest trend is that jailbreakers are leaving Cydia for other Cydia alternatives. Because Cydia developer saurik has not released the updates on the Cydia app and there are some issues with it. That is, it is not compatible with the latest iOS updates. So, jailbreakers search for ways to install the other famous alternatives for Cydia, like Zebra, Sileo, and etc. This article will show you how to install Zebra on your jailbroken iOS 14 device. Let’s see Zebra installation in easy steps.
The Zebra package manager is open-source on GitHub. The app is also available in dark and light mode.
How to install Zebra in iOS 14
If you are prepared to install Zebra on your iPhone or iPad, follow the steps below.
- Launch the Cydia app
- Tap on the Sources tab and then tap on the Edit at the top right corner
- Next, tap on the Add at the top left corner.
- A pop-up window appears and asks you to input a repository. Enter the following URL and tap on the Add Source. (If you want to add multiple reops at once, you can add them using Flame for iOS 14 tweak).
- Then, Cydia now loads the Zebra repository, and after Done, tap on Return to Cydia at the bottom.
- Go to the Changes tab, tap on the Zebra package at the top, or open the source you installed above from the Sources tab and find the Zebra app. Apart from that, you can use the Search tab on Cydia to locate the Zebra app.
- Then, tap on the Modify button at the top right corner.
- Next, tap on the Install option in the pop-up window.
- In the next window, tap on the Confirm button.
- After installation completed, tap on the Return to Cydia button.
- Finally, move to your Home Screen, and you should now see the Zebra app installed on your jailbroken iOS 14 iPhone or iPad.
Zebra is a lightweight package manager and Cydia alternative for iOS 14 with valuable features that include dark mode and the ability to bulk-add repositories.
Do you have the intention to move from Cydia to Zebra for iOS 14? Share your valuable ideas in the comment section below.
Pingback: How to import Cydia sources to Zebra in iOS 14 - iDisqus