Taking advantage of the CoreTrust bug in Apple iPhone and iPad mobile operating systems, iOS developer opa334 recently released a utility named TrollStore to sideload and permanently sign any .ipa file(s) the user wants. So, with the TrollStore utility, you can install and permanently sign IPA apps on stock iOS.
What is TrollStore?
The TrollStore utility for iOS effectively allows users to permanently utilize any IPA file without ever having to revisit the App Store. In other words, the TrollStore is an iOS app designed to install and sign IPA files without revokes on iOS 14 & iOS 15. It uses the CoreTrust bypass and supports devices running on 14.0-14.8.1 and iOS 15-iOS 15.1.1. You also won’t be concerned about maintaining those apps as you would if you sideloaded them using an app like AltStore, Sideloady or similar. This is due to a bug in iOS that allows the system to automatically trust the IPA instead of prompting you to re-sign it with your developer account every week. Especially, to work this utility, it doesn’t require jailbreaking your device.
According to the developer, iOS 15.4 will be supported with future updates, and currently, the project supports iOS versions 14.0-15.1.1 as it uses multicast_bytecopy. Unfortunately, it doesn’t support A9 devices because they don’t run nicely with the multicast_bytecopy exploit.
When the Fugu15 install method is made available, TrollStore should be able to implement and use it to support iOS 15 through iOS 15.4.1. If you want more details, the developer opa334 points to TrollStore’s official GitHub page through the /r/jailbreak post.
For iOS 14, you can use a jailbreak package manager like Cydia, Sileo, or Zebra to install it. Still, iOS 15 users will need a sideloading solution like AltStore, Sideloady, or something similar to install the iOS 15 version.
We’ve excerpted the /r/jailbreak post that provides detailed instructions for installing on iOS 14 with a jailbreak or on iOS 15.0-15.1.1 without a jailbreak for viewing pleasure.
You can watch the final TrollStore tease before release.
How to install TrollStore on iOS 15
This step-by-step guide teaches how to install TrollStore for non-jailbroken iOS 15.0-15.1.1 devices.
Note: A9-equipped devices are not supported.
- Download the TrollStore Installer IPA from the official GitHub page: https://github.com/opa334/TrollStore/releases.
- Then, install it to your device with your preferred method, such as AltStore / Sideloady / iOS App Signer/ Whatever).
- Open the app and press the install button.
- If your phone reboots here, go back to 3.
- An alert should pop up when TrollStore is installed successfully, click close, and the app should exit.
- If TrollStore is on the home screen, start it. If not, reboot, and it should appear afterwards, then start.
- Go into the settings tab, and hit ‘Install ldid’ so TrollStore can install unsigned apps.
- (Optional) Tap “Install Persistence Helper” and choose a system app you don’t need to use (Ex: Tips) in the list that appears. For more info on the persistence helper, read below.
How to install TrollStore on iOS 14
To install the itapp on iOS 14, you need to jailbreak your device. This step-by-step guide teaches how to install TrollStore for jailbroken iOS 14.0-14.8.1 devices.
Note: Needs Jailbreak
- Download the TrollHelper deb from https://github.com/opa334/TrollStore/releases (TrollHelper will most likely be published on the Havoc repository soon).
- Install deb file via Filza, Sileo or Zebra.
- If the TrollHelper icon has appeared on your home screen, launch it. If not, run uicache and then it should appear. Afterwards, launch it.
- Tap the “Install TrollStore” button.
- After a second or so, your device will respring, and the app should be on your home screen, launch it.
- Go into the settings tab, and hit “Install ldid” so TrollStore can install unsigned apps.
- DONE. You don’t need to install the persistence helper into a system app on iOS 14. TrollHelper is your persistence helper; it will persist through icon cache reloads and work even when not jailbroken.
How to install an app through TrollStore
TrollStore’s developer prioritized simplicity. Thus, signing and permanently sideloading an IPA file requires minimal work from the end user. So, you can install an app via TrollStore in two main steps.
- Download the preferred IPA file.
- Open the above IPA file with TrollStore on your iPhone or iPad.
Note: The IPA file must be locally available on your iPhone or iPad. But, files in iCloud Drive will not work.
Download TrollStore for iOS
Regular updates will be available in future, and the developer says that using TrollStore’s integrated OTA updating system will make it simple to install them. The tool should also support and function with the majority of IPA files.
If you’re interested in trying the project, visit the official GitHub page to discover all the tools you’ll need. Also, read the /r/jailbreak post to familiarise yourself with all the details necessary to prepare your device correctly.