If you have a jailbroken iOS device, you can also download and install deb files manually instead of using Cydia, Sileo, or any other package manager. In other words, you don’t always have to rely on Cydia or any other package managers to get all your jailbreak tweaks or apps. So, you will have to install .deb files manually for some reasons, such as having some modified tweaks and apps as deb files, and a developer gives you a .deb file to install for beta testing or creating your .deb package to install on your device. So, you can simply use the popular Filza file manager app to install .deb files. This article shows you step by step how to install deb files iOS 14 with Filza file manager.
Install deb files iOS 14 with Filza
To install .deb files with Filza, you’ll only need to follow these steps:
- Download and install Filza from Cydia, Sileo, or any package manager. If you don’t already have it, it’s a free download.
- Download a .deb file that you want to install using Safari and view the .deb file by tapping the “Downloads” icon at the top right corner.
- Then, tap on the Downloaded .deb file and open it.
- Next, as you can see in the screenshot above, tap on the “Icon” at the top right corner.
- Tap “More” and click “Filza” at the bottom.
- The .deb file will open with Filza, and tap on the .deb file you downloaded.
- Then, tap the “Install” button at the top right corner.
- After installation, tap the “Action” button at the top and select the “Respring” button.
That’s it! After respring, you can check and see that the .deb file has been installed on your jailbroken iOS 14 iPhone or iPad.
How to uninstall a tweak from Cydia or Sileo?
In case if you need to uninstall the installed tweak or app,
- Open Cydia, Sileo, or your package manager.
- In Cydia, tap on the “Installed” tab, and in Sileo, tap on the “Packages.”
- Then, find the recently installed tweak or app and “Uninstall” it.
Additionally, you can use this method to remove any custom installed tweaks and apps that you don’t need anymore.
Pingback: How to Install Saily Jailbreak on jailbroken iPhone with Filza - iDisqus