Some iPhone or iPad users prefer to customize their devices using various themes and icons with or without jailbreaking. But those who do not want to jailbreak can customize their device. However, with the new iConRock web app for generating custom home screen icons for the iPhone and iPad, you can easily customize the iPhone and iPad in a few steps.
iConRock is a custom iPhone icon pack generator
7labs.io/article/iconrock.html web app makes it easy to create your iconic packages. Icon creation begins with selecting a background for icons from a preset. With the icon background set, you have the opportunity to change the size of the glyphs inside the icons.
7Labs offers glyphs for stock apps and many popular third-party apps that you can use instantly, including Instagram, Photoshop, and PayPal. You can create up to 16 icons for free, but you will need to pay a small fee to exceed that limit.
Additionally, iConRock lets you change the width of the glyph strokes to make the illustration thinner or thicker, choose a custom stroke color, and add a shadow or apply a glow effect.
Finally, you can now download the complete icon package to the file app on your iPhone or iPad.
How to create custom iPhone icons packs with iConRock
Once the custom icons are downloaded to your device, you will need to use Apple’s shortcut app to create a custom script to apply the icon pack to your home screen.
- Download the icons, and copy them to the Files app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Choose My Shortcuts from the bottom-left corner and tap the + button from the top-right corner to create a new shortcut.
- Tap on Add Action > Scripting > Open App. Alternatively, you can also search “Open App” and select it from the search results.
- From the newly added action, tap on Choose and select the app to add a custom icon.
- Tap the three dots (…) from the top right corner, and tap on Add to Home Screen.
- Under the “HomeScrren Name and Icon” section, enter the name as the app name.
- Under the “HomeScrren Name and Icon” section, tap on the shortcut icon and select Choose File. Then, navigate to the folder where you saved the icon pack, and choose the specific icon to assign to the app shortcut.
- Review the app icon and name in the Preview above and choose Add from the top-right corner.
Then, you will see a shortcut with a custom icon on the home screen. When you tap it, it silently launches the underlying app just as it tapped the original app icon. You can move your shortcut to any desired location on the home screen, just like the original icon.
How to revert to original app icons
You can temporarily hide the original application icon from the home screen in the app’s contextual menu and then select the “Remove from the home screen” option.
To revert to the original icons, go to the App Library section. Then, you can use the search field at the top to find the app in question. Finally, hold on to the icon in the search results and select the option “Add to Home Screen.”