Apple has released iOS 14.4 and iPadOS 14.4 for eligible iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices. From this guide you can get iOS 14.4 IPSW Direct Download Links and iPadOS 14.4.
Software updates include various bug fixes, such as lagging keyboards, security enhancements, and minor feature adjustments.
Separately, Apple has released updates for tvOS 14.4 and watchOS 7.3, but macOS Big Sur 11.2 has not yet arrived.
How to Download & Update iOS 14.4 or iPadOS 14.4
First of all, you have to back up your iPhone or iPad to iCloud, iTunes on PC, or Finder on Mac before installing the new update. The easiest way to download and install updates is through the Settings app.
- Open the Settings app on iPhone or iPad.
- Go to General
- Then, go to Software Update.
- Select Download and Install for iOS 14.4 / iPadOS 14.4
Rebooting your iPhone or iPad is necessary to complete the installation of the new system software.
You can install the software update in several ways. They are,
- Users can install software updates on a Windows computer or an older Mac via iTunes.
- Newer Mac models can be selected using the Finder on the macOS Big Sur or Catalina.
- Advanced users can use IPSW firmware files to install software updates, which require iTunes or Finder.
iOS 14.4 IPSW Direct Download Links for iPhone and iPod touch
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone SE – 2nd generation 2020 model
- iPhone SE – 1st generation original model
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPod touch – 7th generation
iPadOS 14.4 IPSW Links for iPad
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro – 2020 model – 4th generation
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro – 3rd generation – 2018 model
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro – 2nd generation
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro – 1st generation
- 11-inch iPad Pro – 2020 model – 2nd generation
- 11-inch iPad Pro 2018 model – 1st generation
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro 1st generation
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad 6th generation
- iPad 7th generation
- 10.2-inch iPad – 8th generation
- iPad Air – 2nd generation
- iPad Air – 3rd generation
- iPad Air 4th generation
- iPad mini – 5th generation
- iPad mini – 4th generation
iOS 14.4 Release Notes
Release notes included with iOS 14.4 and iPadOS 14.4 are as follows. The release notes for iPadOS 14.4 are pretty much the same.
iOS 14.4 includes the following improvements for your iPhone:
– Smaller QR codes can be recognized by Camera
– Option to classify Bluetooth device type in Settings for correct identification of headphones for audio notifications
– Notifications for when the camera on your iPhone is unable to be verified as a new, genuine Apple camera in iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
This release also fixes the following issues:
– Image artifacts could appear in HDR photos taken with iPhone 12 Pro
– Fitness widget may not display updated Activity data
– Typing may be delayed and word suggestions may not appear in the keyboard
– The keyboard may not come up in the correct language in Messages
– Audio stories from the News app in CarPlay may not resume after being paused for spoken directions or Siri
– Enabling Switch Control in Accessibility may prevent phone calls from being answered from the Lock Screen
Users running previous versions of iOS 14 or iPadOS 14 are encouraged to install updates, especially if you have any issues with those releases.
In addition to the iPadOS and iOS updates, Apple also released the macOS Big Sur 11.2 updates for the Mac, updates for TVOS 14.4 for the Apple TV, and Watch OS 7.3 for the Apple Watch.