Everyone trend to find a way to lock apps on their iPhone to protect privacy from others. You do not doubt that you have used some apps or jailbreak tweaks (if your iPhone is jailbroken – A-shields Tweak lock apps in iOS 14) to lock the app. So, apart from those methods, you can lock apps on iOS devices with the help of the native Siri Shortcuts app. It allows you to lock an app using Face ID, Touch ID, or Passcode on an iPhone running iOS 14 or iOS 15. Many users have wanted this feature for quite some time, but Apple has yet to deliver the feature. But, with this guide, I’m going to show you how to lock apps using a Shortcut on iPhone running iOS 14 in just a few minutes.
Setting up the shortcut is a speedy process, and let me show you how this works for. As an example, this shows you how to apply a shortcut lock for the App Store. Using this way, you can also lock many apps at once.
How to Create a Shortcut to lock apps in iOS 14?
- Open the Clock app and make sure you select Timer.
- Next, tap When Timer Ends, scroll to the bottom, and select Stop Playing.
- Click the Set button at the top right corner.
You’re all set and ready to set up the shortcut.
- Launch the Siri Shortcuts App
- Once opened, click on the Plus icon (+) at the top right corner.
- Then, tap Create Personal Automation
- Scroll down and select the app
- Make sure you choose Is Opened
- Choose the app you want to lock (Ex: I choose App Store), tap Done, and again Next at the top.
- Under Actions, type Start Timer in the search field.
- Then, set Start timer for 1 Second and tap Next
- Disable Ask Before Running, and tap Don’t Ask (Then, the software will run the automation automatically)
- Click Done.
Now, we’ve locked the App Store app using Touch ID, Face ID, or Passcode. So, if I open App Store, it locks the device in a second. However, the app will open for one second, but I don’t think anybody can view anything in an app for one second.
If you do not authenticate with Face ID, obviously, it’s going to ask you for the Passcode. Significantly, the whole method is very simple to do, and it takes a minute.
That is the way how to lock apps using a Shortcut On iPhone. So, do you have an intention to lock apps using a shortcut without using jailbreak tweaks or any apps? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.