While enjoying a song on Spotify, you can express your liking or dislike for that song through the “Like” button inside the Spotify app. No wonder you see it as a Heart symbol to the right of the song’s title being played. So, you can express that you like the music by tapping the Heart symbol. Primarily, you already know that the Heart symbol is coloured green when you like it. However, iOS developer TitanD3v has released a jailbreak tweak called Luv for the Spotify app that brings a floating “Like” button to your device with the default Heart symbol. It will appear when you play a song.
The uniqueness of that button is that you can move it around the app. In particular, you may like or dislike a song. So, if you like a song, tap on the heart button, and it will add to the Liked songs list. According to the developer, you need to have the latest version of Spotify installed for Luv to work correctly. Another feature of Luv is that the heart button is automatically hidden when Spotify is no longer open or playing any songs. Luv’s settings make it easy for you to colour the button, and Luv works with either Light or dark mode.
Luv tweak Features
- Toggle the Luv on or off on demand
- Adjust the Heart button style under the appearance, Colour, and Miscellaneous
- Change appearances like Light, Dark, and Dynamic
- Change floating button style like Circle or Rounded
- Adjust floating button size like Small, Medium, or Large
- Change icon styles like Fill or Outline
- Enable or disable a custom colour
- Change the Background, Like and Dislike button colour
- Enable or disable the notification when you Like or Dislike
- Enable or disable Haptic feedback between Light, medium, or Heavy
Moreover, when you add tracks to the liked collection or remove them from the liked collection, you will receive a notification to notify you. In addition, although you minimize the Spotify app or lock your device, the Luv tweak adds the floating button to the Home Screen and the Lock Screen. So, you can like songs anywhere.
You can see the below video released by the developer.
Those interested in trying the Luv can download it for free from the titand3v’s repository. The tweak supports jailbroken iOS 14 devices.
You can add the titand3v’s repository via the following URL.
What do you think of adding a Like button to the Spotify app instead of the default one? Be sure to comment your thoughts in the comment section below.